[Development] Qt 5.13.0 released

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 29 02:08:04 CEST 2019

On Friday, 28 June 2019 15:17:21 PDT Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 08:35:28 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >> Linux distributions that ensure the XDG shared-mime-info package is
> >> always installed can save 320 kB in QtCore by compiling with
> >> -no-mimetype-database. You save 90 kB if you add libzstd but not this
> >> option.
> >
> > Turns out that this option breaks Qt Creator.
> >
> > Reported at http://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-22636
> > Initial fix: https://codereview.qt-project.org/266569
>
> Can't you just reenable the commented out code locating the system
> freedesktop.org.xml quoted in QTCREATORBUG-22636?

It was commented out for a reason, so presumably the bug it was solving would
come back. Note it was adding ALL packages, not just freedesktop.org.xml. The
code could be modified to find just freedesktop.org.xml. Since the
-no-mimetype-database option is provided for systems where the database is
never missing, QtCore's copy missing means the system copy must be present.

I'll do that and push again.

Or you can hardcode it for Linux distros. That's what I did for Clear.

The problem is the 5.14 follow-up, which means to unbootstrap rcc. That means
Qt Creator can't reach the QtCore copy, even if it is present.