[Development] Qt Quick Templates 2 from C++

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Tue Mar 5 07:06:20 CET 2019

I'm mostly going off what JP had in mind, which are the following:

- https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-67062: Add full/public theming support for QQC2 styles
- https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73944: Make QQuickControl public
- https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-66829: Add IconImage to QtQuick core

At some point I plan on doing these. Patches are welcome too. :)

On 3/4/19, 7:02 PM, "Pier Luigi Fiorini" <pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com> wrote:

    Mitch, do you have plans?

    On 2019-02-14 5:45 a.m., Pier Luigi Fiorini wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know if you have plans of making Qt Quick Templates 2 a
    > public API and allow people to write new controls with C++ without
    > using a private library.

    +1 for this and also for a public api for c++ Qt Quick Controls 2
    widgets.  Our management killed our Qt desktop app in favor of HTML 5
    electron garbage.

    Jon