[Development] QtWebEngine file path too long

Samuel Gaist samuel.gaist at idiap.ch
Tue Mar 12 23:44:22 CET 2019

Hi,

I’ve been hit by this surprising error when building QtWebEngine.

Luckily (well…) I was recently facing the same issue while trying to build a conda package. Searching how to fix that gave me a solution that is also working for the build of QtWebEngine.

As it turns out, it was due to me building this stuff on an encrypted partition.

The solution currently is to move the build out of the encrypted partition.

Best regards

Samuel