[Development] Gerrit Bot closing reopened Bugs?

Robert Loehning Robert.Loehning at qt.io
Fri Mar 15 14:05:39 CET 2019

Hi *,

imagine the following situation:
1. Bug in 5.13 is reported
2. Patch with "Fixes: " is merged to 5.13 branch
3. Gerrit Bot closes the report with "Fix Version 5.13".
4. Reporter tests 5.13 branch, fix failed, reopens report
5. Patch is merged to dev branch
6. Gerrit Bot finds the patch in dev branch

What will the Gerrit do now? Will it close the reopened bug report
again? I'm asking because this seems to have happened in
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-21994
(with Creator's branches 4.9 and master)

The Gerrit Bot should not close bug reports which were reopened unless
there is another patch. If this really happened as I suspect here, could
someone please fix it?

Cheers,
Robert

--
   Robert Löhning, Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho