[Development] FP calculations and stability in Qt

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:53:42 CEST 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 12:42 PM Konstantin Ritt <ritt.ks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Writing and proposing a patch would take less time than discussing pros
> and cons here.

Which I had in a minute fraction done, as a pass-by in the comments. I'm
not, however, willing to take huge technical debt on the issue by investing
copious amounts of time writing a specialized decomposition for this
particular case, in this particular class, for this particular set of
values. I'm not going to do it better than already done, is one, and
secondly it's a huge time sink. Combine both to get: "dubious result for a
big investment".
What I'd really, really want, ideally, is to have a well tested tool(set)
that I can rely on to do the job, whence my initial question: "can we talk
about how feasible it is to pull something (or parts of it) in Qt, even if
only internally, to facilitate stable fp calculation"