[Development] Linking androiddeployqt: boot-strap library or libQt5Core

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Mon May 13 21:30:09 CEST 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 07:28:55 PDT Edward Welbourne wrote:
>> Does anyone know why androiddeployqt links against the boot-strap
>> library ?  i.e. Is there any good reason not to change it to link
>> against libQt5Core instead ?

Thiago Macieira (13 May 2019 17:08) replied:
> androiddeployqt is a host tool. You don't run it on-device, but on the machine
> you compiled Qt on.

Thanks for the explanation.
Meanwhile, discussion on IRC has yielded two further fixes.  The timing
is only done as part of debug code, so could be ripped out (or #if
!bootstrap wrapped); or we can have a local tool class in the file to
use QTime::currentTime() the same way its present timer API does.

	Eddy.