[Development] Qt Static Package

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue May 14 23:39:36 CEST 2019

On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2019 20:52:31 CEST Carlos Enrique Pérez Sánchez wrote:
> *Conclusions:*
> Building Qt on Windows *is clearly documented* and *works as expected*.
> Building Qt for Linux *is not clearly documented*, for example, most users
> fail to compile Qt for Linux because they not specify the target mkspec
> platform (which is no needed under Windows). That should be documented.
> Also, there are too much dependences in the resulting static executable.

You don't need to specify a platform on Linux either, and I would recommend
against it. The default is linux-g++ and that works by using the default g++
and default architecture. linux-g++-64 is for building 64bit apps on old
distros where 64bit is not the default or for some other reason still uses
lib64 dirs but they aren't in the default library search path. On neon being
Debian based using linux-g++-64 is just wrong, they never had lib64 dirs.

Best regards
'Allan