[Development] QList for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 16 16:55:52 CEST 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 06:05:37 PDT Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:
> Going forward, we should be looking into removing more and more owning
> containers from the interface and replace them with views. The standard
> is working on a solution for the stale reference problem, and by the
> time Qt 7 comes around, it will be hopefully widely available.

That goes against the Qt API design. Do not return views, since it implies
that internally there is an object that produces that view and that it does
not go out of scope. The reason we return full, owning containers is so we
have the freedom inside to change how we store the data without that affecting
our API.