[Development] Views

Paolo Angelelli paolo.angelelli at qt.io
Thu May 16 21:38:11 CEST 2019

I doubt adding one if condition to QMap insert and remove methods would be noticeable. I might be wrong. if i am and the user needs a QMap API with few elements, then the user should write a QListMap of some sort, not a QList and sprinkling the code with unnecessary for loops all over the place. From: André Pönitz Sent: Thursday, May 16, 20:46 Subject: Re: [Development] Views To: Paolo Angelelli Cc: development at qt-project.org On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 06:31:13PM +0000, Paolo Angelelli wrote: > i think you and alex stephanov are wrong. if QMap API is convenient, > but does not perform for the few elements use case, optimize QMap for > that use case, And then everybody else pays with cycles for the detection of the special use case. Oh, yeah. I only today run (again) across QDataStream performance. Super convenient, super flexible class. And easily beatable by a factor of ten in performance for each and every individual use case. So - no, you should not have to explain *each* use of a map to your manager but for central parts of performance critical sections you should think twice. Andre'