[Development] Views

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Fri May 17 09:35:42 CEST 2019

> you end up where the STL is - so convoluted it's hardly worth making
> anything with it.

I agree. The horrid of STL was one of the reasons for me to use Qt. Everything is
complicated to the maximum in STL. Qt is so much more intuitive, it is fast to learn and
fun to use (except when hitting a long reported bug... again).

On the other hand, when reading the ML threads about containers in Qt and their limited
STL compatibility, plus the QList issue, plus the need to update containers to x64, plus
the fact that the Qt project has not enough man power to do everything that should be
done...

I start wondering if it is possible to wrap the STL containers in Qt6 and give them a
nice, intuitive, Qt-like API while still providing full STL compatibility. I am sure this
has been evaluated. Are the results documented somewhere?

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard