[Development] Views

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:36:49 CEST 2019

> I start wondering if it is possible to wrap the STL containers in Qt6 and give them a
> nice, intuitive, Qt-like API while still providing full STL compatibility. I am sure this
> has been evaluated. Are the results documented somewhere?

A few years ago my application was affected by a bug found on
std::vector MSVC and not CLang/XCode.

Therefore, for me this is not such a good idea, because for a
cross-platform application, I like the containers to behave exactly the
same. Both in terms of performances and potential bugs. I mean, the STL
provides a uniform interface, not a same implementation, according to
the compiler's supplied library.

Philippe