[Development] Qt XML and Qt Xml Patterns

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Tue May 21 09:15:04 CEST 2019

Hi Thiago!

Thanks a lot for the information!

However, the streaming classes are absolutely no replacement for the DOM classes. In
theory yes, they both read and write XML. In reality they are different to a degree that
it is practically impossible to replace DOM by stream. For legacy code anway.

Even for new code the stream API is simply to bad to use it. Appart from speed, DOM is far
superiorer for every use case. The resulting code is, compared to the DOM solution,
impractical and maintaining it is a pain.

Unlucky me. Deprecation of these two components literally broke every application I have
ever written using Qt. I hope they will have new maintainers some day.

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner