[Development] Proposal: Using Gerrit for new approver proposals?

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed May 22 10:53:52 CEST 2019

I wouldn't mind that. But there's also an easier way: Do hold yourself back with giving +1's if there's a +1 already.

Becoming an approver just needs someone nominating you + one approver or maintainer supporting this. I can see that people want to express their support for a nomination, but technically only _one_ +1 is required.

If everybody would stick to this, the process would be just three mails (announcement, +1, final confirmation).

My 2 cents

Kai