[Development] Gerrit is back

Jukka Jokiniva Jukka.Jokiniva at qt.io
Fri May 24 09:05:13 CEST 2019

About contribution to Gerrit,

Our Gerrit customization has two parts:
  * Most of the logic is in a qt specific plugin which is hosted at https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qtqa/gerrit-plugin-qt-workflow.git
  * Then we have some forks on top of the official Gerrit release https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qtqa%2Fgerrit.git;a=shortlog;h=refs%2Fheads%2Fv2.16.7-based
We want to keep our forking minimal in order to keep the upgrading easy.

So the first choice is to contribute directly upstream and we would pick them up in next upgrade.
  * https://gerrit.googlesource.com/gerrit
  * https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.16.7/index.html#_developer
Sometimes just filing a bug upstream would be a good contribution: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/list

The second option is to contribute to our plugin, gerrit-plugin-qt-workflow, if it is Qt specific change.

The last option is to fork more actual Gerrit code, which obviously we want to avoid, but there might be things that not possible otherwise.

     --Jukka