[Development] What's the status of a moved-from object?

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Fri May 24 15:24:56 CEST 2019

Hi,

I don't think our users should have to use a build of Qt that has its internal Q_ASSERTs enabled. IMHO Q_ASSERT should be used by developers in Qt to express invariants that, if violated, represent a bug in Qt that needs fixing. I don't think we should use Q_ASSERT to communicate anything to our users - it's a poor interface because it either isn't reliable (-release build not enabling it) or hard to understand (debugger usage).

Simon