[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Wed May 29 19:22:15 CEST 2019

Do you know is there is any official policy published? I’ve tried to look into both internet and intranet, but found pretty much nothing.

I entirely agree with increase of using new language features and STL, but it should be done wisely and under well-defined policy. If we don’t have one, we need to develop it. Without an official document users cannot rely on Qt. We also might easily violate ABI-compatibility policy and so on.

--
Best Regards,

Fanaskov Vitaly
Senior Software Engineer

The Qt Company / Qt Quick and Widgets Team