[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Wed May 29 19:29:37 CEST 2019

Well, but what about MSVC, for example, or some other compilers/|platforms? This is rhetorical question, of course. I just want to say, that we cannot guarantee this sort of compatibility for all build configurations. Hence, this is unreliable unless we have a sort of public contract like “we guarantee this, this, and that under some circumstances”.

--
Best Regards,

Fanaskov Vitaly
Senior Software Engineer

The Qt Company / Qt Quick and Widgets Team