[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Thu May 30 12:03:07 CEST 2019

> So, yes, this is borne out of frustration with the lack of maintenance
> of QtCore plumbing. I don't see that changing and I acknowledge and
> understand that the focus of development has shifted towards QML.

This exactly is the core problem. There are many things I could say about this. Allow me
one question instead:

Suppose you implement all planned actions for Qt6 (see your original e-mail). Are the
remaining components (those that are neither deprecated nor removed) of Qt6 well
maintained and are there enough staff available not only to maintain them indefinitely but
to actively develop them further?

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner