[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 30 23:55:33 CEST 2019

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 14:34:52 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > 3) all tools in cross builds link to a host QtCore that must be
> > preinstalled Preferably, reuse the tools from that host build instead of
> > building again
> The latter item implies that there should be some compatibility gurantees
> allowing to use tools from Qt 6.x when building Qt 6.y, otherwise it will
> be really inconvenient

I understand, but aside from qmake, I don't know of any build system that
allows for building both host and target in the same build. That means
whatever we use in Qt 6, we'll a separate build for host tools when cross-
compiling.

I don't see a problem in requiring the same version in the host and the target
being built. But if this is not possible, then we'll need to have an extra
step when preparing for cross-builds that bootstraps the host tools.