[Development] [Interest] XCB clipboard freeze

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 13 18:24:54 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 09:16:13 PST Benjamin TERRIER wrote:
> I guess unless we change QClipboard API to make it async (like in GTK) I do
> not see how to solve this issue.

I think adding the async API and deprecating the current is the right way to
go. The two APIs need to work together, so the application could request the
clipboard asychronously when it thinks it'll need, but then keep the existing
code working that uses the synchronous code. If the clipboard hasn't changed,
then no hang will happen.

There's still a race condition there, so the synchronous API definitely needs
deprecation.