[Development] QTCS2019 Notes from the Qt 6 Changes / Migration session

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Nov 22 15:01:25 CET 2019

On 11/22/19 11:01 AM, Friedemann Kleint wrote:

> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2019_Qt_6_Changes_/_Migration

Maybe one aspect I would like to add: there is a lot of software, that
has to be compilable with Qt 5 and Qt 6. Especially when your product is
library you can't decide which version of Qt is going to be used in the
application.

It would be good if this does not end up in a total mess of ifdefs.

My experience from the past is, that it takes years until the majority
of the applications has upgraded to the next major Qt version - and
probably only few applications will seriously try out Qt x.0 versions.

Uwe