[Development] QTCS2019 Notes from QtQml session

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon Nov 25 16:53:26 CET 2019

Am 25.11.19 um 15:53 schrieb Ulf Hermann:
>> Yeah, that's going to make using QML in actual applications a whole lot
>> harder. For instance, sometimes access to some root node is needed even
>> from deep leaf files. Removing that capability is quite a drastic measure.
> Yes, but the problems with this construct are the same as with generic
> context properties: Your QML component requires some context that it
> doesn't declare. Therefore your code is not reusable and brittle wrt
> addition of properties in other places.

ooooh :(

because of my own project rules my code is re-usable through all my projects

from discussions here I learned to use SingletonInstance which can
replace the properties I set in my root (main.qml)

but there are many other situations where I thinkl this won't help

per ex

main.qml --> StackView --> Page1 --> Page2 --> Popup

from main there are some StackViews (+ Pages) switchedby Drawer

Page1 or Page2 can be used on top of different StackViews

there are some properties and functions from StackView used by Pages or
Popup. Can access them via id because all my StackViews have same id

any idea how this should be refactored for QML 3 without loosing all the
cool flexibility ?

> Mind that all those dynamic lookups will still live on in QML 2, and we
> will maintain QML 2 throughout Qt6. They just won't be valid in QML 3.

of course my goal is to go to QML 3

ekke