[Development] Property bindings in Qt 6

Pierre-Yves Siret py.siret at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 17:19:05 CEST 2019

> With Widgets, GraphicsView or my framework the system depends on the
> min/preferred/max hints being evaluated by a size policy. F.e
> QSizePolicy::hasHeightForWidth() tells the layout classes, what to do.
>
> QQuickItem has the implicitSize ( = implicit preferred size ) only - no
> other explicit/implicit size hints and no policy.

While using layouts in the Qt Quick world, you use Layout attached
properties to give hints to the layout system :
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-layouts-layout.html
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquicklayouts-overview.html
<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquicklayouts-overview.html#>

Doesn't that fill your needs ?

And b) has become something you have to implement manually on
> application side. With anchoring things are even worse: there is not
> even a container who is in control of the scenario, that could do the job.

I don't understand/visualize what you mean.

Pierre-Yves