[Development] Updated high-DPI support for Qt 5.14

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Fri Oct 4 22:11:40 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-04 12:38, Morten Sørvig wrote:
>> On 3 Oct 2019, at 09:44, Mark De Wit <mark.dewit at iesve.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a chance that the high-dpi work will fix the dpi-awareness of
>> the Fusion theme as reported in
>> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74100 ?
>
> Yes, looks like an easy fix:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/276261

Hi,

is there similar work done for the default Windows style?

For me in Qt 5.13.1 that looks still rather broken with fractional
scaling even at common
values of 125% or 150%. (I know this is mentioned in the docs, still
that is the default style and Fusion looks out of place in many other
ways)

Beside that I now collected all issues I have found with fractional
scaling on X11 in extra bugs.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78962
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78963
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78964

As you can see on the screenshots on
https://cullmann.io/posts/kde-qt-highdpi-scaling/ the make a current
experience
with fractional scaling not that nice (same on Windows).

Greetings
Christoph

--
Ignorance is bliss...