[Development] The age-old T* foo vs. T *foo

Vitaly Fanaskov vitaly.fanaskov at qt.io
Fri Oct 18 12:02:29 CEST 2019

Hi,

I think that this discussion is pointless. Style is mostly the matter of
preferences, but:

1) We have a huge code base with the certain code style.

2) We have official guidelines.

3) We have a tool for auto code formatting.

I don't see any good reasons to change the entire code base or make it
inconsistent, and adjust docs and tools. If a person is not used to the
Qt style, he or she might use clang formatting tool for this.