[Development] Issues with QFormBuilder - All properties modified & Invalid UI

Hugo Slepicka hhslepicka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 18:44:36 CEST 2019

Hi Friedemann,

So can this be considered a bug and fixed at Qt?
Please note that even with all properties modified, which is not really a
problem, the result display is invalid and does not work like the input
display.

At Qt forum post I uploaded two images that shows the difference between
the original and result UI files.

Thank you,
Hugo

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:41 AM Friedemann Kleint <Friedemann.Kleint at qt.io>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  > I am trying to use the QFormBuilder to load and later save a ".ui" file.
>  > The issue is that the generated file shows all properties as modified
> but the code just open the file and save it with a new name.
>
> QFormBuilder writes out all properties since plain Qt properties do not
> store whether they were modified. The book-keeping required for this
> only exists in Qt Designer.
>
> Some unsupported properties/flags may then be encountered.
>
>  > Is there a better approach to save QWidgets as ".ui" from code?
>
> No, unfortunately.
>
> Regards, Friedemann
>
> --
> Friedemann Kleint