[Development] QWidget font settings propagation parent to child

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Oct 24 08:13:37 CEST 2019

Il 23/10/19 16:28, Henry Skoglund ha scritto:
> Question: is this hit or miss font propagation on Windows and Mac a bug
> or a feature? If it's a feature, could it be documented?

Please do some extra investigation: who's setting those fonts?

* Is it the style, e.g. in QStyle::polish(QWidget*)?
* Is it coming from QApplication::font? Or maybe QStyle::polish(QApp*)?
* Do the widgets have WA_SetFont enabled?
etc.

It certainly sounds surprising at first that some widgets don't inherit
the font, but there could be a good explanation. Lacking such
explanation, then we're talking about a quite serious bug.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts