[Development] Qt 6: inline namespace Qt

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 6 17:01:53 CEST 2019

On Friday, 6 September 2019 02:26:43 PDT Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:
> Qt can already, optionally, be configured into a user-specified
> namespace (QT_BEGIN_NAMESPACE/QT_END_NAMESPACE, -qtnamespace), and this
> is one of the build configurations in the CI, so we're reasonably sure
> it works. The change would be very limited (via existing macros). Only
> pre-existing declarations of "namespace Qt" would have to be touched.
> The change is SC, and makes namespaced and non-namespaced builds behave
> the same.

What do we do to the existing namespace Qt?

inline namespace Qt {
  namespace Qt {
    enum GlobalColor {
        color0,
        color1,
        black,
        white,
        darkGray,
        gray,
        lightGray,
        red,
        green,
        blue,
        cyan,
        magenta,
        yellow,
        darkRed,
        darkGreen,
        darkBlue,
        darkCyan,
        darkMagenta,
        darkYellow,
        transparent
    };
 }
}

Or are you proposing that all those enumerations be accessible without
namespace specification?