[Development] i.MX8 embedded Linux support

Zeno Endemann zeno.endemann at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:53:14 CEST 2019

Hi,

So unless I misunderstand something, for the i.MX8 NXP/Vivante changed
their proprietary graphic stack significantly. The framebuffer and X11
driver are deprecated, only Wayland will be supported, and they have
switched from the Linux framebuffer interface to (a fork of) libdrm.

I was able to run a Qt Quick application on an i.MX8M Mini using this
new infrastructure, i.e. using the regular eglfs_kms platform plugin. So
I am wondering if the qtbase configure script should be adapted to
detect i.MX8, and for that not build eglfs_viv, eglfs_viv_wl and
eglfs_kms_egldevice anymore.

Or more generally I'd like to ask if there is already further work or
information on supporting embedded Linux on i.MX8. For example, I
suppose the yocto layer needs some updates to reflect all this.

Thanks,

Zeno Endemann