[Development] INTEGRITY

Mutz, Marc marc at kdab.com
Thu Sep 19 15:40:05 CEST 2019

Hi Tuukka, Ville,

On 2019-09-19 15:02, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 14:49, Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turunen at qt.io>
> wrote:
>> A lot of the Qt functionality works perfectly well on INTEGRITY. Even
>> the advanced graphics such as Qt Quick, Qt 3D and Qt 3D Studio. I do
>> not see it reasonable to claim that it is "so far behind all the other
>> supported platforms, as well as its own claim of conformance, that the
>> question must be asked why it's still supported".

I was, indeed, referring to the C++ support by GHS, not to the Qt
functionality.

> This problem is under fixing; the kernel we use in our CI build simply
> doesn't support condition variables, and thus its run-time library
> doesn't have
> them either.

That's interesting. Are you saying I just overlooked that QWaitCondition
was not compiled for Integrity? I'm looking, but I still don't see it.
AFICT, it's using the generic Unix version, iow: pthread_cond_t, but...
How is pthread_cond_t implemented on Integrity if the kernel doesn't
support the concept?

> Newer kernels do, and the version we use has a patch
> available for this, it's on its way into our hands. We are most likely
> going
> to consider upgrading the INTEGRITY version we use in the CI, but none
> of that will happen fast enough to be worth disturbing the release
> proceedings of 5.14.

Thanks,
Marc