[Development] RFC: handling of C++ feature test macros

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 19 23:20:00 CEST 2019

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 06:28:01 PDT Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
wrote:
> Thanks! This would also bring up the question on whether it's of any
> importance what values the feature-testing macros are defined to

There are some features that got updated to newer standards in C++14 and C++17
so they got new numbers (I think the "relaxed constexpr" is one such). But you
should know you're targetting that particular feature and thus that it had a
different number than the baseline.