[Development] INTEGRITY

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Sep 19 23:37:14 CEST 2019

Il 19/09/19 21:53, Kyle Edwards ha scritto:
> As a generalization of this, perhaps Qt could introduce something like
> a Q_CONSTEXPR macro, which does what we expect on platforms that
> support it, and compiles to nothing on Integrity.

It's already in Qt, and used:

> https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/qarraydata.h.html#_M/Q_ARRAY_LITERAL_IMPL

Revocation of Q_CONSTEXPR is not so simple, as it's a source
incompatible change. (It's one of the reasons why stdlib implementors
are not allowed to plaster constexpr unless the Standard says so.) It
might work in the case in question, for which I've already asked for
help twice in a few months (again: I don't have any access to
INTEGRITY). It will just not work for other cases where you do want a
constant expression, bringing us back to square one.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts