[Development] Gerrit upgrade on Monday

Frederik Gladhorn Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io
Mon Sep 23 15:48:03 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I hope this is a complete no-event, but we'd like to give you a heads-up, in
case something unexpected comes up. We Gerrit admins are currently working
towards moving us to Gerrit 3.0.2.

The plan is to upgrade on Monday next week, the 30th of September.
There are no huge improvements in Gerrit itself, it's a cleanup release
mostly, getting rid of the old database handling moving completely to note-db.

We don't expect major issues, the testserver upgrade takes around five minutes,
so there will be a short down-time, but otherwise there shouldn't be any real
interruptions.
We'll be testing in the meantime and may still postpone the upgrade, in case
any blockers are found.

Cheers,
Frederik