[Development] Qt Contributors' Summit 2019 - Registration open!

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Sep 24 13:14:53 CEST 2019

Hi,

I do realize that actually some people want to join both events, and having them
directly in succession would have saved some travel.
Anyhow, the venues we've considered for the Qt Contributor Summit weren't
available around the dates of the Qt World Summit.

Also, my experience from the one time we had the Qt Contributor Summit right
before the Qt World Summit was rather mixed; there were timing issues (KDAB
had the training day at the 2nd day of the CS). In addition, the Qt CS was IMO also
overshadowed by the World Summit. That is, for people actively participating
in both the World Summit and Contributor Summit it was somewhat exhausting.

Anyhow, there will be actually a session regarding contributing to Qt at the World Summit:

https://www.qtworldsummit.com/2019/sessions/contributing-qt-breakfast-session/

Regards

Kai