[Development] Property bindings in Qt 6

Chris Adams chris.adams at qinetic.com.au
Fri Sep 27 03:51:34 CEST 2019

Hi Simon,

Nice work!  This was one of the things which Aaron mentioned as being
a goal he had for QML way back in the day, and I'm glad to see that
someone is doing the work to make it a reality.
In theory, one of the issues with pull-style bindings is that large
dependency chains can be built up, resulting in large evaluation-debt
which must get paid within a single short timeslice to avoid skipping
frames (see https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-March/002390.html
for some discussion of this problem).
How do you intend to avoid this issue?  Are you implementing some form
of evaluation metering (i.e. using idle time to evaluate segments of
evaluation-debt and mark those as clean) to mitigate the problem?

Best regards,
Chris.