[Development] Requesting a module for Qt5 classes that won't be maintained in Qt6

Sona Kurazyan sona.kurazyan at qt.io
Mon Apr 6 15:32:43 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I just wanted to remind everyone, that the Qt5Compat submodule is created and added to the list of submodules of qt5.git on dev branch. If you have something that you think should be moved there, you can create a task for it and already start moving it there.

Right now Qt5Compat has one module called "Core5Compat" for the stuff moved form Qt Core. For the rest of Qt 5 modules a similar naming can be used (e.g. Gui5Compat,Widgets5Compat, etc.).

To clone Qt5Compat, use:

  *   git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5compat.git or
  *   https://code.qt.io/qt/qt5compat.git

Best regards,
Sona