[Development] A modest proposal: disable lower-case keywords (emit, foreach, forever, signals, slots) by default

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:27:34 CEST 2020

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 11:22, Nathan Myers <ncm at cantrip.org> wrote:
> Neither does Ville have authority to speak on behalf of
> the Library Evolution Working Group.

The slight difference, of course, is that I enumerated bits of
rationale that were actually uttered in that
discussion, rather than colorful suggestions of how the majority of
LEWG must think that widespread
abuse of a variant of cocaine is the sole reason why such a proposal
even came to their plate.

> The WG was firm but polite, this once. Expect greater
> firmness, and less politeness, next time. Take the hint.

Now, that *is* an invitation to dance. :D I shall, however, mostly
pass the opportunity.
In case you wish to ask me what hints I will and will not consider
when evaluating whether to propose
some hypothetical thing to the committee, feel free to ask for
elaboration privately.

> Asking the ISO WG21 C++ Standard committee to compensate
> for one library's extended process failure is, at best,
> rude and foolish.

There's nothing rude in providing information that the committee may
not have been aware of
about compatibility issues with new standards.