[Development] Finishing the transition to the cherry-pick model

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Mon Apr 20 11:15:44 CEST 2020

Hi,

Since there is no plan to make further Qt 5.14.x patch release, I think the simplest is still to close and focus the bug fixes to dev (and cherry pick to 5.15) or 5.15.0 in case needed in that release.

But as said, I am fine with whatever works best - also from the viewpoint of avoiding unnecessary merges needed before getting Qt 5.15.0 released.

Yours,

	Tuukka

On 20.4.2020, 10.59, "Shawn Rutledge" <Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io> wrote:

    > On 20 Apr 2020, at 07:59, Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turunen at qt.io> wrote:
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > +1
    >
    > I would also close Qt 5.14 branch already now.
    >
    > The other option is that some fixes pushed into Qt 5.14 branch at the time of Qt 5.15 RC1 only land in Qt 5.15.1.
    >
    > Neither of these is problematic to me, assuming that the change that may be landing to 5.14 in the last minute is not a as such a blocker for Qt 5.15 release.

    It might be best to wait until after Bug Fix Week (this week) and merge those fixes from 5.14->5.15 though.