[Development] Proposal: Deprecate QVector in Qt 6

Daniel Engelke daniel.engelke at basyskom.com
Thu Apr 23 10:52:07 CEST 2020

Hi Simon,

I think having a name that is close to the standard is very important as it makes it easy to find the Qt counterpart.
Back in the days I had to ask a StackOverflow question to find Qts unique_ptr (QScopedPointer), because I couldn't find it due to the naming.

Dmitriy also has a very valid point. It is burned in a lot of peoples heads that using QList is a bad idea.

I don't see a lot of work in string replacing QList with QVector and QStringList with whatever it would be, as long as the API is compatible.
It's even less work if auto has been used.

Dan