[Development] Proposal: Deprecate QVector in Qt 6

Shawn Rutledge shawn.rutledge at qt.io
Thu Apr 23 11:00:00 CEST 2020

> On 2020 Apr 23, at 10:27, Simon Hausmann <Simon.Hausmann at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Dmitriy,
>
> No, this is not an April's Foolk joke.
>
> Previous discussions were largely centred around the implementations and bringing them together. With this thread my concern is the API and the churn our users would have to apply to their code base in order to use Qt 5 and Qt 6.

Won’t the “using” declaration keep working for the foreseeable future, so that they don’t have to change legacy code?

I guess the trouble is when writing new code that they want to use with both Qt versions, they would need to use QList, at least for now.  But that’s a short-term problem until Qt 5 is obsolete.