[Development] Proposal: Deprecate QVector in Qt 6

Daniel Engelke daniel.engelke at basyskom.com
Thu Apr 23 12:17:38 CEST 2020

> You'd need also adapt some variable and function names,
> comments and documentation are silently broken.

I don't really see it, unless you name all variables like qListMyList.
As for comments it's not like the logical meaning changes. Besides, QList will have QVectors implementation anyway,
making comments or variable names that focus on it being a list illogical anyhow. (Besides QList was never a list to begin with)

Either way you'll have the same issues with API that is using QVector.
That would need to be changed to QList to be consistent.

Dan