[Development] Proposal: Deprecate QVector in Qt 6

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Apr 24 12:56:16 CEST 2020

Giuseppe D'Angelo (24 April 2020 10:19) asked

On 4/24/20 12:36 PM, Edward Welbourne wrote:
>> That would be Vitaly's proposal to have major releases yearly.

Giuseppe D'Angelo (April 24, 2020 12:38)
> I must be missing something: how would that help, regarding the
> problem at hand? In other words, how does such a decision influence
> the solution of the problem?

Vitaly favours getting rid of QList in Qt6 and providing tools to
automate conversion.  Some of us will only consider this a credible
option when we see those tools in operation.  Quite how the faster major
release cycle would bear on this, I must leave Vitaly to answer.

	Eddy.