[Development] Qt 6.0.0 initial schedule

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Apr 29 16:22:17 CEST 2020

> Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 8:05 AM
> From: "Jani Heikkinen" <jani.heikkinen at qt.io>
> To: "development at qt-project.org" <development at qt-project.org>
> Subject: [Development] Qt 6.0.0 initial schedule
>
> Hi,
>
> It is time to start freezing Qt 6.0.0 initial schedule. I have had some discussion and based on those here is the initial schedule for Qt 6.0.0:
>
> - Qt 6.0 Feature freeze 31.8.2020
> - Qt 6.0 Alpha 14.9.2020
> - Qt 6.0 Beta 1 1.10..2020
> - Qt 6.0.0 RC  17.11.2020
> - Qt 6.0.0 Final 1.12.2020

I for one am very concerned about the Camera API for mobile. I have hard that this is being re-worked. I haven't heard how. Hut any new API should take into account multiple front & rear cameras, and potentially (TrueDepth/ disparity map cameras). I also recently learned that the Android camera APU still does not have manual exposure control, while iOS does...