[Development] ChangeLog script will need adaptation to cherry-pick model

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 10 19:33:17 CEST 2020

I've just noticed this and it'll be relevant for the 6.0 release: the
ChangeLog script currently excludes the previous releases' commits simply
because they aren't produced in the git log / rev-list output. Because we
switched to cherry-pick model, the commits are now different and will not be
excluded by Git itself.

Someone has to adapt this script to go over the list of commits in the
previous releases and see if the same commit message or same Change-Id is
present. Instead of a DAG operation in the commit history, this is a text
search.

If I were to implement this, I'd create a QSet-equivalent of all Change-Ids
that apply to the previous branch series that were cherry-picked since the
branch point.