[Development] qsizetype and classes working with QStrings or QList

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Aug 24 09:26:54 CEST 2020

On 23/08/2020 16:06, Marcel Krems wrote:
> If they keep using int there could be a lot of warnings like this one:
> warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'qsizetype' (aka
> 'long long') to 'int' [-Wshorten-64-to-32]

I'm afraid that these warnings will be all over the place anyhow. Just
how much code has been written against int-based APIs? (For the record,
that's why I wanted a configure time switch to choose the size of
qsizetype).

But anyhow: yes, as a consistency factor, as many APIs as possible
should be ported to qsizetype. Could you please file a bug report?

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts