[Development] Codereview maintenance break is over

Paul Wicking Paul.Wicking at qt.io
Thu Aug 27 19:06:24 CEST 2020

> On 25 Aug 2020, at 18:52, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> Can we configure it so the commit message is at least 80 columns wide? Since
> our messages are wrapped at 72 right now but the display is narrower, it's
> causing line-wrapping.

As far as I can find, the commit message box automatically resizes itself to adjust for what's required by the "related commits" field. There's a bug reported about this behavior upstream, requesting the behavior of the old ui (where the commit message box apparently had a 75 character width) be reintroduced in Gerrit >= 3.
​
However, as the upstream bug report is almost 2 years old, I fear the short answer is "no”.