[Development] Long-lived P1 issues

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Dec 4 10:32:50 CET 2020

I think your interpretation is wrong. During this year we managed to close 1849 P1 issues in QTBUG [1]. At the same time 1966 P1 issues got reported [2]. So we indeed have a growing top-line of P1 tasks, and arguably also an issue with long-standing P1's.

But for a new P1 that gets reported today, the chance that it gets closed in a timely manner is still rather high.

Also, a lot of effort in 2020 was going into 6.0. I do expect we'll put some more focus on the bug backlog in 2021.

Kai

[1]: Obtained by JQL query 'project = QTBUG AND PRIORITY = "P1: Critical" AND resolutiondate >= 2020-01-01'
[2]: Obtained by JQL query 'project = QTBUG AND PRIORITY = "P1: Critical" AND createdDate >= 2020-01-01'