[Development] Making Binary Incompatible Changes after Qt 6.0

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:00:29 CET 2020

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 10:17, Alexander Nassian <
nassian at bitshift-dynamics.com> wrote:

> 4) Don‘t release a major version that lacks half of the modules of the
> prev version in a hurry for no reason.

 Especially just after deciding to remove the concept of LTS for open
source users, effectively creating a 1 year gap between 2 equivalent
releases of Qt (5.15.2 -> 6.2.0).

Back to the topic, wouldn't it be acceptable to break BC before 6.2 release?
I mean Qt 6 isn't really complete until 6.2, so if a break is required it
kind of makes sense to make it happen before everyone has made the switch
from Qt 5 to Qt 6.

My 2 cents

Benjamin