[Development] Qt 6.0.x releasing and Qt 6.0.x changes files

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue Dec 22 13:18:51 CET 2020

+1

From: Development <development-bounces at qt-project.org>
Date: Tuesday, 22. December 2020 at 10.33
To: development at qt-project.org <development at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 6.0.x releasing and Qt 6.0.x changes files
Hi,

Lars made a new proposal, see his comment in https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/324440

Basic idea would be
   * We will create one release note for the release instead of separate changes file in each submodule
   * Release notes are stored in separate release notes git repository. That way we can freeze Qt release content & generate ( and finalize) release notes after the content freeze
   * We will remove dist/ folder in our current repos

All that would be doable also in Qt 6.0.1 schedule (except of fully automated release note generation but that can be solved independently later) so at least I will support this Lars proposal. Any comments?

br,
Jani  Heikkinen