[Development] Request to move qt-labs/qhttpserver out of qt-labs

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Mon Feb 3 15:29:33 CET 2020

> On 3 Feb 2020, at 08:15, Mikhail Svetkin <mikhail.svetkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to make request to move qthttpserver from qt-labs namespace to a new namespace qt-addons or qt-extensions.
>
> The main reason is that it is not a research project anymore. I believe that the module is ready to become a self contained library as part of Qt Project and a good example of Qt marketplace.

Yes indeed! Thanks for being awesome :)

> I also would like to request to have an independent branch policy for the new repository. It will allow to speed up development of qthttpserver and it will not slow down Qt6 works.

It makes little sense to me to have the same branching policy for every module, irrespective of their maturity, complexity, release practices etc. E.g. new modules might want to start with the cherry-picking model right away, or not have the notion of LTS branches to begin with.

OTOH, we should have a consistent place where contributors can see how different modules do things. Do you plan to document your branching policy?

Volker